Home Modifications Lake Macquarie/Newcastle services the Lake Macquarie and Newcastle Local Government areas. Home Modifications offers a wide range of services that encourage independence, choice and improved lifestyle. All building and maintenance services are carried out by fully qualified, insured and licenced tradespeople.
The building services we offer help improve safety and access in and around the home. An Occupational Therapy assessment is required before modifications can begin – the assessment is free of charge for HACC eligible clients.
Our services include:
- Access Modifications – e.g. the installation of ramps, rails, steps and other modifications that help you access and live in your home more safely.
- Major Bathroom Modifications and renovations – e.g. the removal and replacement of a bath with a hobless shower etc., or a complete bathroom renovation
- Kitchen Modifications
- The installation of lifts and stair climbers
- Minor Modifications – e.g. the installtion of grab rails, hand held shower hoses, lever taps, door wedges and the widening of doorways.
Home Maintenance Services
Maintenance services include;
- Minor plumbing, carpentry and electrical work
- Gutter cleans
- Lawn Mowing
- Repair steps and paths
- Blocked sewer pipes
- Hot water service replacement
- Pressure clean walkways
Our registered occupational therapists will assess your ability to participate in everyday activities. The assessment is comprehensive and will take into consideration any medical conditions, current medications, your skill level and the aspects of the environment that impact on the activity.
Accessibility in and around your home is considered and the OT will make recommendations tailored to suit your specific needs for independence, health and safety including modifications required for other in-house caregivers.
Our occupational therapists can prescribe equipment or recommend modifications to enable you to complete activities safely and independently.