Hunter Home Modifications is a not for profit community based organisation that provides timely, practical and high quality services that promote a client centered approach, choice, and lifestyle. Our purpose is to make a difference to the lives of people we assist allowing them to remain living safely in their own homes for as long as they are able.
We have over 30 years experience in pescripton building and in that time we have asisted many elderly and people with disabilities in achieving a quality of lifestyle and level independence that they thought was beyond their reach.
How We Operate
Hunter Home Modifications is funded through the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) which is a Federal Government program providing services for people with disabilities, the frail aged, and their carers.
Hunter Home Modifications is operated by a Board of Management elected annually. Directors include clients, carers, interested community members and other service providers. Hunter Home Modifications operates five (5) days a week, Monday through to Friday, 8.00AM to 4.00PM.
The Hunter Home Modifications team is passionate about assisting people and improving their lives through the installation of assistive technologies.
The philosophy at Hunter Home Modifications is:
- To promote each person’s opportunity to maximise their capacity and quality of life
- To provide services tailored to the unique circumstance and cultural preference of each person, their carers and family
- To ensure choice and control of are optimised for each person, their families and carers
- Supporting community and civic participation that provide valued roles, a sense of purpose and personal confidence
- To provide appropriate workforce training and development